The South Central Branch of the Texas Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA) established the James Bader Scholarship Fund in 2000. It honors Mr. James Bader, P.E. from the Department of Public Works, City of San Antonio, Texas. It is the goal of the Branch to award scholarships up to $2,000.00 for higher education scholarships. Applications must be postmarked (or emailed) on or before May 15, 2020 to allow time for review and presentation of the award prior to the Fall College semester. The scholarship committee will notify the Scholarship recipients via phone call by May 29, 2020.
Download the APWA South Central Branch James Bader Scholarship Application here.
To apply for a scholarship from the James Bader Scholarship Fund, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be an active member (an active member is defined as a member of the South Central Branch of the APWA for 3 or more months prior to the date of the application), or a family member of an active/former member
- Be sponsored by an active member (Must include letter of recommendation from sponsor)
- Be sponsored by a College Professor or advisor, or a High School Teacher or Counselor (Must include a letter of recommendation from sponsor)
- Be a resident of the State of Texas for 12 or more months prior to the date of application
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12+hours) in an undergraduate or higher degree program at an accredited college or university in the State of Texas
- Be an active member enrolled as a degree-seeking student in an undergraduate or higher degree program at an accredited college or university in the State of Texas
- Actively participant in community service or extra-curricular activities
- High school students, in their senior year, meeting other requirements are also eligible
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (for students: Please provide official sealed transcripts)
Content retrieved from: http://cacp.utsa.edu/news/apwa-south-central-branch-james-bader-scholarship.