Areas of Teaching Interest
IoT Security and Engineering Programming II.
Areas of Research Interest
Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Autonomic Computing, Self-Protecting, SCADA system
security, and Digital Forensics.
PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering – Mississippi State University, 2014
- Toshifusa Sekizawa, Qian Chen, and Taiju Mikoshi, “Recursive Gateway Allocation Combined with Self-localization and Model Checking in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks.” In Proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology (SoICT 2019).
- Qian Chen, SR Islam, H Haswell, R. A. Bridges, “Automated Ransomware Behavior Analysis: Pattern Extraction and Early Detection, ” SciSec 2019, Nanjing, China.
- Ahn, Junghee Lee, Qian Chen et al., “KEY-SSD: Access-Control Drive to Protect Files from Ransomware Attacks.”
- Ashraf Tantawy, Sherif Abdelwahed, Qian Chen “Continuous Stirred Tank Reactors: Modeling and Simulation for CPS Security Assessment,” 2019 11th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN)
- Qian Chen, Azizeh Khaled Sowan, and Shouhuai Xu. 2018. A safety and security architecture for reducing accidents in intelligent transportation systems. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD ’18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 95, 7 pages.
- Sekizawa, T. Mikoshi, M. Nagura, R. Watanabe and Qian Chen, “Probabilistic Position Estimation and Model Checking for Resource-Constrained IoT Devices,” 2018 27th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), Hangzhou, 2018, pp. 1-7.
- Banerjee, J. Lee, Qian Chen and K. R. Choo, “Blockchain-Based Security Layer for Identification and Isolation of Malicious Things in IoT: A Conceptual Design,” 2018 27th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), Hangzhou, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- A. Kholidy, Qian Chen et al., “Attacks detection in SCADA systems using an improved non-nested generalized exemplars algorithm,” 2017 12th International Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems (ICCES), Cairo, 2017, pp. 607-612.
- Qian Chen, R. A. Bridges.“Automated Behavioral Analysis of Malware: A Case Study of WannaCry Ransomware Authors.” 16th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA). December 18-21, 2017, Cancun, Mexico.
- Qian Chen, H.A. Kholidy, Abdelwahed, J. Hamilton. “Towards Realizing a Distributed Event and Intrusion Detection System.” International Conference on Future Network Systems and Security. August 31-September 2, 2017, Gainesville, Florida, USA
- M. Hern´ande, Qian Chen, C. Calhoun, S. Sykes, J.A. Nichols. “Towards a Cyber Defense Framework for SCADA Systems Based on Power Consumption Monitoring.” Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-50), January 4-7 2017, Waikoloa, HI, USA.
- Qian Chen, Jonathan Lambright and Sherif Abdelwahed. “Towards Autonomic Security Management of Healthcare Information Systems.” IEEE CHASE 2016: The First International Workshop on Security, Privacy, and Trustworthiness in Medical Cyber Physical System (MedSPT 2016). June 27-29, 2016, Washington DC, USA.
- Lei Li, Kai Qian, Ragid Hasan, Qian Chen, Dalei Wu, and Yong Shi. “An Open and Portable Platform for Learning Data Security in Mobile Cloud Computing.” In Proceedings of the 17th Annual Conference on Information Technology Education (SIGITE ’16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 108-108.
- Lei Li, Kai Qian, Qian Chen, Ragib Hasan, Guifeng Shao. “Developing Hands-on Labware for Emerging Database ” ACM SOGOTE/RIIT 2016. Sept. 28-Oct. 1, 2016, Boston, MA, USA
- Stefano Iannucci, Qian Chen and Sherif Abdelwahed. “High-Performance Intrusion Response Planning on Many-Core Architectures.” The 25th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks: Workshop on Network Security Analytics and Automation. August 1-4, 2016, Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA
- Qian Chen and Jonathan Lambright, “Towards a Self-Protecting Health Information System. 2016 COMPSAC Symposium on Novel Applications and Technology Advances in Computing. June 14-16, 2016. Atlanta, GA, USA. (Invited Paper)
- Qian Chen and Sherif Abdelwahed. “A Model-based Approach to Self-Protection in SCADA Systems.” 9th International Workshop on Feedback Computing. June 17, 2014. Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Qian Chen and Sherif Abdelwahed. “Towards Realizing Self-protecting SCADA Systems.” The 9th Cyber and Information Security Research Conference (CISRC 2014). April 8-10, 2014. Oak Ridge, TN, USA.
- Qian Chen and Sherif Abdelwahed. “A Model-based Approach to Self-Protection in Shipboard Control Systems.” Mid-South Annual Engineering and Sciences Conference. Oct 28-29, 2013. The University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, USA.
- Qian Chen, Sherif Abdelwahed, and Abdelkarim Erradi. “A Model-based Approach to Self-Protection in Computing System.” The ACM Cloud and Autonomic Computing Conference (CAC 2013). August 5-9, 2013. Miami, FL.