Areas of Teaching Interest
Computer and Network Security, Data Structures, C/C++ programming, Computer Networking.
Areas of Research Interest
Computer and Network Security in general. Specifically, access control (models and analysis) and security issues in cloud computing and smart grid.
Ph.D., George Mason University, 2010
- Sebastian Nugroho, Ahmad Taha, Nikolaos Gatsis, Tyler Summers and Ram Krishnan, Algorithms for Joint Sensor and Control Nodes Selection in Dynamic Networks Automatica, Volume 106, August 2019, Pages 124-133.
- Yun Zhang, Ram Krishnan, Farhan Patwa and Ravi Sandhu, Access Control in Cloud IaaS, In Security, Privacy, and Digital Forensics in the Cloud (eds Chen, H. Takabi and N. Le‐Khac), 2019.
- Arezou Moussavi-Khalkhali, Ram Krishnan, and Mo Jamshidi, Periodic Virtual Hierarchy: A Trust Model for Smart Grid Devices, International Journal of Security and Its Applications, Vol. 10, No. 11, November
- Carlos Vazquez, Ram Krishnan and Eugene John, Time Series Forecasting of Cloud Data Center Workloads for Dynamic Resource Provisioning, Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing and Dependable Apps (JoWUA), Vol. 6, No. 3,
- Valliyappan Valliyappan, Eugene John, Ram Krishnan and Sruthi Nanduru, Design and Implementation of Low-Power Nanoscale Hardware-Based Cryptosystem for Group- Centric Secure Information Sharing, Journal of Research Briefs on Information & Communication Technology Evolution (ReBICTE), Vol. 1, No. 20, pp 1-11,
- Sazzad Masud and Ram Krishnan, Kerberos-Based Authentication for OpenStack Cloud IaaS, Journal of IT Convergence Practice (INPRA), Vol. 3, No. 2, pp 1-24,
- Jiwan Ninglekhu, Ram Krishnan, Eugene John, and Manoj Panday, Securing Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators Using Smartphones, Journal of Internet Services and Information Security (JISIS), Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp 47-64,
- Khalid Bijon, Ram Krishnan and Ravi Sandhu, Constraints Specification in Attribute Based Access Control, IEEE/ASE Science Journal, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp 131-144, 2013, Acceptance Rate: 3%
- Mukesh Singhal, Santosh Chandrasekhar, Tingjian Ge, Ravi Sandhu, Ram Krishnan, Gail-Joon Ahn, Elisa Bertino, Collaboration in Multicloud Computing Environments: Framework and Security Issues, IEEE Computer, Vol. 46, Issue 2, pp 76-84,
- Ram Krishnan, Jianwei Niu, Ravi Sandhu and William H. Winsborough, Group-Centric Secure Information Sharing Models for Isolated Groups, ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (ACM TISSEC), Vol. 14, Issue 3, pp 1-29,