Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249
Office Location: AET 2.356
My research interests lie in the areas of smart power grids and other critical infrastructures, such as the Global Positioning System and water distribution systems, with emphasis on optimal resource management and statistical signal processing.
Current research topics
- Modeling and analysis of electric power distribution networks
- Stochastic optimization for power systems with distributed energy resources
- Optimal and secure operation of water distribution systems
- Protection of inverter-based power systems
- Detection and mitigation of spoofing attacks against the Global Positioning System
- Annual Innovation Award, (UTSA, 2022)
- President’s Award for Research Achievement (UTSA, 2021)
- Contributions to Teaching Excellence Award (UTSA Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design, 2021)
- Lutcher Brown Endowed Fellowship (UTSA, 2020-2021)
- NSF CAREER Award (2019)
I received the Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with minor in Mathematics from the University of Minnesota in June 2012. Before that, I received the 5-year Diploma degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Patras, Greece.
My Google Scholar profile can be found here.