Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Texas at San Antonio
Dr. Yufang Jin joined UTSA in 2004 right after she graduated from the University of Central Florida. She was trained in nonlinear systems and control and has extended her research scope to robotics, mathematical modeling, and control of networked systems such as power grids and biological pathways. Her recent research interest includes modeling complex systems using both physical-driven and data-driven methods, especially the application and interpretation of different artificial intelligence algorithms.
- January 2023, Mason Conkel started his Ph.D. program
- January 2023, Joseph Clemmons first paper on Reinforcement learning was accepted by ISQED 2023
- December 2022, Mostafa Malmir and Tulant Sampath Bandara Won Pioneer Award from the Dept ECE
- November 2022, Karla Paniagua Rivera published the COVID-19 single cell RNA seq study in Genes
- August 2022, Joseph Clemmons started his graduate program
- August 2022, Joseph Clemmons, Savannah Lopez, and Aries Lee Received Travel Awards for ICIBM 2023 conference.
- August 2022, Kevin Binnemman graduated from MSEE program.
- April, 2022, Stephanie Hernandez started her MSEE program
- April, 2022, the TranSET project on traffic risk prediction was funded
- April, 2022, the TranSET project on Reinforcement Learning was funded
- March 2022, Dr. Jin received UTSA Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award
- March 2022, ASEE Annual Conference paper accepted
- January, 2022, Mostafa Malmir started his Ph.D. Program
- December 10, 2021, Eugenia Cadete graduated with her MSEE degree
- November, 2021, Our paper “Deep learning tackles single-cell analysis ” published in Briefings in Bioinformatics
- August 18, 2021, Wenjian Huang and Umar Jamil started their Ph.D program
- August 9, 2021, Leonard Falcon received travel award from ICIBM conference
- April 12, 2021, Dr. Jin received ECE Faculty Awards in UG Mentoring as Most Visited Faculty
- April 7, 2021, Our former Ph.D. Student Ricardo Ramirez received the UTSA Graduate School’s Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award!
- March 29, 2021, Dr. Jin Received an NSF grant, “REU Site: Artificial Intelligence Powered Robotics in 5G“
- March 26, 2021: Student Adam Hooker received the prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholarship for his work on IoT Radiation Sensor Security
- March 23, 2021: Student Joshua Ramirez was accorded an Honorable Mention in the 2021 National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) competition.
- February 22, 2021: Student Eugenia Cadete’s paper was accepted by TranSET 2021n