Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Texas at San Antonio
Dr. Yufang Jin joined UTSA in 2004 right after she graduated from the University of Central Florida. She was trained in nonlinear systems and control and has extended her research scope to robotics, mathematical modeling, and control of networked systems such as power grids and biological pathways. Her recent research interest includes modeling complex systems using both physical-driven and data-driven methods, especially the application and interpretation of different artificial intelligence algorithms.
- April 12, 2021, Dr. Jin received ECE Faculty Awards in UG Mentoring as Most Visited Faculty
- April 7, 2021, Our former Ph.D. Student Ricardo Ramirez received the UTSA Graduate School’s Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award!
- March 29, 2021, Dr. Jin Received an NSF grant, “REU Site: Artificial Intelligence Powered Robotics in 5G“
- March 26, 2021: Student Adam Hooker received the prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholarship for his work on IoT Radiation Sensor Security
- March 23, 2021: Student Joshua Ramirez was accorded an Honorable Mention in the 2021 National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) competition.
- February 22, 2021: Student Eugenia Cadete’s paper was accepted by TranSET 2021;